Albany Social Club Secretary
Applications are invited for the position of Club Secretary & Treasurer
- Supporting the committee to ensure smooth running of the club;
- Responsibility for the day to day running of the club;
- Responsibility for membership: new members, renewals etc.;
- Act as first point of contact with staff, members, general public and suppliers;
- Work closely with the bar steward on all matters including those relating to staffing, finance and HR;
- In conjunction with the finance sub-committee, manage club finances and accounts, and act as club treasurer.
Skills required include;
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Excellent communications skills with people at all levels;
- Experience of working with membership organisations;
- Experience with financial control and budgeting;
- Experience of using SAGE accounting and payroll systems;
- Proficient with Microsoft office package (Word, Excel etc.);
- Ability to take and produce accurate minutes of committee proceedings.
A detailed job description is available on request from the acting secretary by email: here
Salary and holiday entitlement for 39 hours – Salary - £36,244.
Holiday Entitlement - 25 days per annum plus statutory.
The post will be part-time 3 days, 22.5 hours per week and salary and holiday entitlement will be pro-rata. Payment for sickness/absence will be included in the package.
It is further envisaged that the secretary will be supported by a part-time admin assistance, such position to be filled when the secretary is in place.
Completed applications together with a full CV to be submitted to Sheila Medlock, Club President C/O Albany Social Club, 10 Earlsdon Street, Coventry, CV5 6EG or by email here
Closing date for applications – 31st March 2022 - 5:00pm